HELLO WORLD!!

Welcome to my blog everyone!!!

I am Meera Sanjiv
I am 12yrs old 
I live in Tamil Nadu which is a state in India
I hope that we all have interesting conversations here!


I write about issues that matter to me,not matter  just to me but also to the world - atleast it should matter to the world!

Today I will be writing about the Indian festival called Diwali 
(festival of lights)

Diwali is a festival where people go and visit their relatives and friends..
Now Diwali has become a festival of sound and pollution-WHY?!
Because people burst fireworks and this leads to sound and air pollution.
  • Young birds fall out of birds with sudden shock of the noise
  • Stray animals and pets get so frightened
  • People suffering from asthma, people who are sick won't be able to breathe.
  • There is also lot of child labour in the firework industry
  • kids working in places like this fall sick very easily and often...
Last year in Chennai the government said that after 10pm no fireworks were allowed but unfortunately our people did not follow the rules which is very wrong! Let's do better this time, people!

Not only on Diwali do they burst fireworks.. they also burst them on Christmas, on peoples birthdays and other religious celebrations...even after cricket and soccer matches- people use your brains and dont burst fireworks - Puhlease!!!

Today the good news is that Sainsburys supermarket in the UK has decided to ban the selling of fireworks so its not only India that I am talking about 
I named my blog Rebel with a Cause because I am always arguing with my mother - one day mom  said 'start arguing about important issues'

so here I am a blogging!( Here I am - camp rock*)
but mom, I won't stop arguing with you!!!!!!!!!!!

So don't let me down by bursting fireworks (dont let me down - chainsmokers*)
* song recomendations while reading this 




PS- Teuntje one of my good friends in Amsterdam inspired me to start a blog of mine.. here blog link is https://theevergreenteun.blogspot.com/
Thankss for the push 
I certianly want to share my wild thoughts with the world
Toodles!!!!!













Comments

  1. Way to go, Meera!! Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Meera, keep going. Excited to read more of your thoughts. And I loved your idea of adding in recommendations to specific songs as part of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meera, I really enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rajini Aunty
      yes I will be writing many more stuff
      and I hope u enjoy them

      Delete
  4. Very well written and love the song choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Vmama!!!!!!!
      did u listen to the songs and read!?

      Delete
  5. You are so right ... I wish we could all be more compassionate to one another and to our planet! I am looking forward to reading more of your thoughts and getting more song recommendations 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Meera... Really makes sense... Keep it going and keep writing your thoughts... All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks priya ma
      I will be writing many more blogs
      hope u enjoy them
      mostly every sunday I will write a post

      Delete
  7. Great way to voice your thoughts. Excited to see what lays ahead. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Meera!!! I love the song recos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great blog and a great thanks for mentioning me! I never realized that Diwali could have such effects, do you mind me mentioning it on my own blog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi meera.. Do u remember me?
    And this is a really good blog!! I really appreciate the effort u put in conserving the environment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling towards my Dreams

Corona Virus has its Merits too!