CAN'T COMPOST?? FEED COWS!!

I live in a small locality where, behind my apartment there is a small village. Here outside everyone's house you will see cows,goats ,roosters, chickens and  buffalos. 


Early morning before sunrise the cows and buffalos walk in a line  to the nearby empty plots of land. They spend the whole day there grazing. Late evening the cows go back to their houses. 

When I take my dog for a walk at this time, neither of us are able to see the buffalos from afar, we notice them when we are close to them and it is very funny to see how my dog reacts!


My post is mainly about what they do on their way to and from the playground . On that route there are many garbage bins that overflow with food waste all in plastic bags.  The cows end up eating the plastic bags while eating the food contained  in the bag. This is very sad and we often read articles about plastic being removed from cows like this one here. 

I felt that this was wrong, so I have requested my mom to keep the peels of our fruits and vegetables so that in the evening  when my mom finishes her cooking I go down and give all  the peels to the  cows. Although for a big cow the peels feel like a snack... but atleast I am happy that they aren't eating plastic. One day a calf walked right up to me and ate the from the bowl. At first I  was nervous but then I got used to it!

So now instead of composting we feed the cows. The egg shells, tea and coffee grounds go straight to my mom's garden!
This entire year of 2019  we haven't used any  plastic bags for a dustbin we use newspaper dustbins for dry wastes. 
Here's a link on how to make your own newspaper dustbin


By recycling we can make the world a better place to live in.


Thank you for reading!! 
Please read the articles and watch the video on how to make a newspaper dustbin!! The sentences in bold lead to the links.
And to get more notifications whenever I write my blog, please subscribe for an email notifcation. 

Help me make a better world as we head INTO THE UNKNOWN!
Into the unknown- Idina Menzel 
Have any of you seen FROZEN 2?
TOODLES!

Comments

  1. Meera, so glad you shared your views on how you dispose waste. Great that you have not used plastics at all this year. In our apartments too we have a system of waste management where we segregate the wet waste and dry waste and then empty both in separate bins directly without using liners. Hope many read your article and are motivated to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thati!!!
      yes I have seen it in AWHO....
      its really good that they are doing this
      love u

      Delete
  2. How lovely Meera! So happy to see what a thoughtful, caring and conscientious young lady you are turning into. Keep up the good work. Hopefully other children follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those cows are going to start following you around Meera, just like all the doggies do! Thanks for clearing the kitchen waste regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written Meera.Proud of you.So responsible at this age.Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pushpa Patti
      Thankss for reading it!

      Delete
  5. The above comment is from Pushpa athai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling towards my Dreams

Corona Virus has its Merits too!

HELLO WORLD!!