Food Is My Life!!!

I know that all of you are stuck at home because of  Corona Virus\COVID19...

I hope all of u stay safe at home and not be in direct contact with anyone, don't leave the house.

I've been so bored that I asked my mom if she could teach me how to cook, she said ok…very happily! 

So for the past 3 days I been cooking lunch all by myself and feeding my hungry parents… here's the recipe for  Quinoa Pulao and Raita.

1)Cut vegetables of your choice.  I used
Carrots, Bell Peppers of all 3  colours, Beans,Tomatoes and Onions, Chillis
2) Then I soaked Quinoa in some  water.

3) I collected my Tempering ingredients - Bay leaf , Green  cardamom, cloves, cumin, anise and cinnamon.

4) I made a ginger-garlic paste in the mortar pestle.

5) I put oil in a non-stick pan and then added the tempering ingredients.

6) Once it started crackling  I added the onion and green chilies.

7) After the onions get transparent add the ginger-garlic paste and chilies, and then let it cook.

8) Add the remaining vegetables and salt.( Salt as per taste)

9) I also added cumin coriander powder

10) When the vegetables are half cooked add 3 cups of hot water. (use the same cup you used to measure the quinoa)

11) Drain the quinoa and add to the pan. 

12)Once it's cooked at all the water has evaporated, top it up with freshly cut coriander and squeeze of lime.

Enjoy with raita - chop cucumbers, chillies and tomatoes - add to yoghurt with some salt.

I hope all of you  try to make it and be sure to  comment down below!!!!! And also please follow. so that you can get updates whenever I write....

Song Reccos-
In my mind-Gigi'D Agostino
Bad at Love- Halsey


Be safe!



























































































Comments

  1. Thanks for the wonderful lunch you've been making for us in the last few days. And thrilled and proud that you're interested in learning to cook actively...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really delicious, Meera...thank you for cooking for us everyday. And that was such an important tip: to use the same cup so that the proportions are correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learnt that the hard way amma!!!
      btw ur welcome

      Delete
  3. Meera, what a wonderful skill to learn. I am sure Appa and Amma are relishing your cooking. This is one great way of fending for yourself. The next time you come to Bangalore we can cook together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thati, after this corona virus gets over and I come to blore I will cook for u,thata,ani,athai and sana

      let's cook a meal for everyone!!!


      love u

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling towards my Dreams

Corona Virus has its Merits too!

HELLO WORLD!!