WONDER

 Heyy welcome back to my blog

 Recently I saw the movie Wonder on Netflix, and I really loved it and I wanted to share it with all of you

The movie is based on a book by R.J Palacio.

Wonder is about a child named Auggie, who was born with a deformed face due to a rare disease called Treacher Collins. Treacher Collins syndrome is a genetic disorder that most often affects the cheek bones, jaw, chin and ears. 

The story starts with him beginning school in the 5th grade. He was homeschooled by his mother till then and the whole family is anxious about how he'll adjust to school, and also about him being bullied.

Each chapter is from a different character's perspective  that is interesting because I got to hear all sides of the story. Like that his sister Oliva feels neglected at times , that Miranda feels un cool and that's why she used Olivia' s life story for herself in her camp.

Auggie overcomes many obstacles in his life, right from having many surgeries since he was born to being bullied by many people. I feel that he was a really brave kid. 

I felt that it was really nice that Jack ( his best friend) stood up for Auggie when his bully insulted him, even though it got Jack into trouble. I think that we learn to be better friends through jack - the way he stands up for Auggie.

The other part I liked was that when Julian was called to the principal's office for bullying Auggie and when he was scolded for doing so, he was actually sorry cause he knew it was wrong of him but his parents didn't care and blamed it on Auggie.


 One quote from the book that that I love is " When given the choice between being right or being kind always chose kind" 


When it comes to books vs movies, although I enjoy movies, because I love imagining how characters look at the house that they live in..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling towards my Dreams

Corona Virus has its Merits too!

HELLO WORLD!!